Another year down..
Well here we are. We made it through another one. 2017 has been a year, that's for sure. 365 days went by. According to math, science and calendars, that qualifies it as a legitimate, state-of-the-art year. But just what kind of year was it? Well, like most years, 2017 held it's share of ups and downs. I find that New Years Eve is a good opportunity to reflect back upon the high points.
Let's take a look shall we?
- This year, I got a new tour vehicle, The Rattleship, and took it on a few great excursions, including a few show run opening up for Alt Country badass, Cory Branan.
- I got to tour around the country once more on the drums with my old friends and comrades, The Coffis Brothers and The Mountain Men. That was a helluva trip.
- I got to spend a bucket-list sort of month recording an album down in LA with a killer producer and engineer. In doing so, I also got to couch surf and catch up with old friends and family members I haven't seen in a long time.
- I got to spend a week out in Indiana playing a few shows and getting in touch with the Midwestern way of life. I met all sorts of great folks out there.
- I produced/recorded/mixed four EPs for different talented artists that actually saw completion and now exist in the world. That's a good feeling, as these projects can take a while. I started other albums that are coming along swimmingly as well.
- I became an Uncle in January, which is awesome. My brother and his wife had a daughter, Eloise, who is hilarious and has already shown some serious interest in guitar. The best part about Unclehood is the lack of work involved. Other than buying christmas presents, and the one diaper that I had to change, the work load has been prettay prettay light.. She's awesome and it's been crazy watching how much she's grown even in 11 months.
- I also got to welcome the newest two members of HC + Battlesnake, Eddie Curzon on guitar, and Zach Scott on bass. These cats can play, let me tell you. They got claws and they keep them sharp. But don't just take my word for it, see for yourself...
The lineup will be making it's official debut on Jan 5th at The Crepe Place, here in Santa Cruz, CA, as well as Sunday, Jan 7th at Fourth Street Vine in Long Beach, CA.
To sum it all up...
I got to spend some quality time with friends, family, my girlfriend, musicians, and many more people. Music took me to six different states, if my math is correct. I logged some serious and quality time in the wonderful cave that is a recording studio. All in all, it was a helluva year.
I'm looking forward to seeing what 2018 holds.
It definitely holds the two shows below:
Friday, January 5th - The Crepe Place - Santa Cruz, CA
Sunday, January 7th - Fourth Street Vine - Long Beach, CA
At any rate, I hope you had a great year and that next year is even better.